Policies & Directions
Rates & Length of Stay
- A 2 night minimum stay is required for all weekend reservations (Fri & Sat).
- Single night stays are charged at the full room rate.
- Rates are based on single or double occupancy.
- Extra person charge $20.00/adult (18 and older). $10.00 for children 5 - 17
- and no additional charge for children under 5 years of age.
- All rates and packages are subject to applicable state and local taxes.
Method of Payment
- Cash, Debit Cards, Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and gift certificates from Hawk Valley Retreat and BedandBreakfast.com are acceptable forms of payment.
- Sorry, personal checks are not accepted.
- Third party gift cards (B&B.com) are accepted as payment for room charges and taxes only. Third party gift cards may not be used for payment of any add-on packages purchased with your stay.
- Hawk Valley Retreat gift certificates may be used as payment for all charges, including additional packages purchased. Any unused Hawk Valley Retreat gift certificate balance is re-issued as a new gift certificate. No cash is returned.
- No cancellation/processing fee will apply to reservations cancelled 14 days or more prior to arrival date.
- A minimum $25.00 cancellation/processing fee will apply to reservations cancelled less than 14 days from arrival date.
- The full booking fee is charged to any reservation cancelled less than 72 hours from arrival date unless the room can be rebooked then only a $25.00 fee will be charged plus taxes.
- For group reservations (3 or more rooms) cancellations must be received 30 days in advance or full room fees and taxes apply.
- No refunds for early departure.
- Check-in time is 3:00p.m. – 9:00p.m., or by prior arrangement. Please call us at 815 - 777 - 4100 if you will arrive after 9:00p.m. so we can be available to personally greet you.
- Request for early check-in prior to 1:00pm will result in an additional day charge for room.
- Check-out time is 11:00a.m.
Have a question or need additional information?
- Children are welcome in cottage rentals.
- Sorry, no pets please.
- As a courtesy to all, smoking is limited to outside only. A $250.00 surcharge will apply for smoking indoors. Smoking indoors is prohibited per JoDaviess County ordinance (Ord. 4-7-2008).
Please feel free to contact us
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 815-777-4100.
From The East (Chicago)
Approaching from the east on Hwy. 20 just past the town of Elizabeth turn right (north) onto Elizabeth/Scales Mound Road. Drive approximately 9.5 miles to Cording Road and turn left. Go west on Cording Road for 1 mile to Hawk Valley Retreat. Please note: The house numbers are out of sequence; look for our sign at the end of our driveway which is located at the bottom of the valley.
If you are coming from the east on Hwy. 20 and are using a GPS, MapQuest, or other map assistance program, please do not get off Hwy. 20 until the town of Elizabeth OR program the town of Elizabeth as a stop/through point. Your GPS and MapQuest are correct but will route you through many country back roads which are not well marked, making your trip longer in drive time and especially difficult to follow at night.
From The West (Galena)
From Hwy. 20 in Galena, turn north onto Main Street and go to the second stop sign (Meeker Street). Turn right onto Meeker Street (which becomes Stagecoach Trail) and continue approximately 7 miles to Cording Road. Turn right onto Cording Road and drive 1.5 miles to Hawk Valley Retreat. Look for our sign on the left side of the road at the end of our drive.